|A dog grabs a drink from a toilet water bowl!|
The 25th anniversary IAMS Wiggle Waggle Walkathon is so much more than just a dog walk. The original organizers would be amazed at how it has grown since the first event in 1988. This year, our goal is to raise $185,000 for the Ottawa Humane Society’s animals.
There are now even more reasons to walk and many more fun activities for the whole family to enjoy:
- Walkers now come to our IAMS Wiggle Waggle Walkathon without a dog and simply walk because they love animals and the great work that the OHS does in our community. It’s common to see couples, families and co-workers all walking without a dog in tow.
- We have added a 5K and 10K run this year. We’ve also added a unique-to-Ottawa 3K Companion Animal run so that runners can Run for the Animals with their favourite four-legged friend.
In addition to the walk and run, here are some of other great activities happening this year:
- Raise or donate $125 and receive an entry ballot into our WestJet draw for 2 tickets to anywhere they fly!
- Great food from Ottawa’s Food Trucks!
- “Ask the Vet” presented by Alta Vista Animal Hospital
- Pet Pavilion Marketplace where you can buy that special item for your best friend
- A KIDZ zone and entertainment on our main stage
- Yoga warm up and stretching from Yogatown
- Check out equipment from Ottawa Fire Services and speak to Ottawa firefighters
- Create your very own "mutt-sterpiece" at Picasso Puppies
- Get your ZoomPhoto.ca family or team photo taken with Milo the spoksdog
- Visit with City of Ottawa Bylaw Services
- Speak with an actual OHS animal rescue and investigation services agent
- Bring your favourite teddy bear or stuffed animal to be bandaged and fixed-up by OHS Vet Dr. Shelly Hutchings
- View some OHS adoptable animals in person and speak to an adoption representative
Click here to register right now.