You can always tell when winter is truly on its way. The temperature drops below the freezing mark, it gets dark outside almost before you’ve had time to finish your lunch, the stores start to get a little busier, and yes, the OHS staff start gearing up for a Critter Christmas.
So you’re thinking, “I have so many things to do before the holidays, why should I take my family to the OHS for another holiday event?” Well, let me tell you, this is no ordinary holiday event. In fact, here are the Top 8 reasons you won’t want to miss this purrfect event:
1. It’s at the OHS! If you’ve visited the shelter before, you know exactly what I mean. If you’ve never visited, you won’t believe what you’re missing. So come on down and check us out!
2. Visit our adoption gallery and all of our adoptable animals! You’ll never know if your forever friend is amongst them unless you visit.
3. Ever participated in a scavenger hunt at a shelter? It’s definitely a one-of-a-kind experience that your kids won’t want to miss.
4. Our surprise edible holiday craft activity is really something special. Shhhhh... It’s a secret.
5. Who will you be today? A butterfly, tiger, or snowflake? Our amazing face painter will transform your child with just a few strokes of her brush!
6. Santa Paws will be here to pose with your furry friends for our annual Santa Pet Pics. All proceeds go to help the animals.
7. Purchase a ticket or two, or you can get five for only $20 for our Warm Hearts Raffle. Hmmm ... what would you do if you won the top prize of $5,000?
8. Only at the OHS can you stop by the Buddy & Belle Boutique where our friendly staff will help you choose a special gift for the furry friends in your family.
I really hope that you and your family will join us for our Critter Christmas at the OHS on Saturday, Dec. 7 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The animals are waiting to see you!