|Shelter dogs like Bentley found their perfect match in a forever|
home - visit the OHS shelter and make a dog's happy ever after.
The OHS has many wonderful dogs who are just looking for the right match...could that be you? So many dogs end up at the shelter through no fault of their own. Changes in the family, a move, “no time”—and the dog ends up paying the price. Now, these wonderful canines are just waiting for the right, new family to say “we pick you.”
When you adopt a shelter dog, you’re not just giving a deserving dog a home, you’re adding to your family. So stop by the Ottawa Humane Society at 245 West Hunt Club this month, and let us help you find your perfect match.
Do you have a few hours a month to help homeless animals? Make Adopt a Shelter Dog Month the month you sign up to volunteer. Love dogs but can’t have one? Maybe our volunteer foster program is for you! Visit our volunteer page for available volunteer opportunities.
Make a donation today in honour of Adopt a Shelter Dog Month. Help us make sure that each dog coming into our care has the best possible chance at a happy outcome.
- $25 gives a dog or puppy food, water, blankies, and three walks a day for a year
- $50 vaccinates a dog and gives them a health check
- $100 helps rescue hurt and homeless dogs and also helps investigate animal cruelty and neglect
Help us get the word out that the best dog is a shelter dog.
- Donate your Facebook status. Paste this message into the “What’s on your mind?” box at the top of your page: “October is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month. Save a life: adopt a dog! www.ottawahumane.ca”
- Tweet, retweet and repeat: “October is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month. Save a life: adopt a dog! www.ottawahumane.ca”
- Share an OHS adoptable dog on your blog or Facebook page each day of the month.
- Talk to friends, family, and especially those younger than you—about the role of humane societies, and why Adopt a Shelter Dog Month, and shelter adoption in general, is important.
Deputy Executive Director